“The Best of…” Yes, I was one of those kids raised on the countdowns. The best videos of the year, the best shows of the years, the jaw-dropping moments of the year, I watched them all. I’m always going to wax nostalgic about the year, even those years that I’m more than happy to kick to the curb (1999, I’m talking to you).
So here I sit, mentally packing my bags for my vacation and I realize, 2011 was a great year. I managed to go on a writing frenzy and pushed my own limits to write outside the boundaries that I was used to writing. Looking back I can say that I am so proud of my work, that I might get a little choked up (insert tear here). Welp enough of that…let’s get to the good stuff. The wrap-up of 2011. Drum-Roll please…
2011 brought some great reads out of the Beautiful Trouble Publishing clan and the Shara Azod Presents misfits. Peep the visuals
Yes, I must say that to me, for reading, it was a great year. There is nothing like being able to curl up with a book and laugh, cry, clutch your heart, and let your imagination wander. It was definitely a good year in books.
The other part of me is the Minister of Music, DJ at Arms and this was definitely a year of some good music too. So on to the 2011 Wrap-up “Rap-up”
No, this list isn’t all inclusive, just a list of songs that I happened to have on repeat –
1) N****as in Paris – Kanye West and Jay-Z
2) Rolling in the Deep – Adele
3) Look at me Now – Chris Brown, Lil-Wayne, Busta Rhymes
4) The Show Goes On – Lupe Fiasco
5) Coming Home – Diddy Dirty Money Featuring Skylar Grey
6) I Need a Doctor – Dr. Dre and Eminem
7) Take From Me – Bad Meets Evil (Royce da 5’9” and Eminem)
8) Motivation – Kelly Rowland
9) Headlines – Drake
10) Sure Thing – Miguel
11) F**k You – Cee Lo Green
12) Down on Me – Jeremih Featuring 50 Cent
13) Moment for Life – Nicki Minaj featuring Drake
14) Pretty Girl Rock – Keri Hilson
15) Hard White (Remix) – Yelawolf, T.I. Slaughterhouse
Now, that being said, 2011 has brought a few revelations along with a few laugh out loud hysterical moments. I’m not on probation. The discovery of Choco-Vine and that I have a heck of a lot of friends that are fierce and fabulous. They are the greatest to me and there is nothing that I wouldn’t do for them. Drea, Pyro-Nikki, Jayha, Shara, Jill, Alcira, Serenity and the rest of the crew I love you guys!
Now, I have no plans to start the new year as I began this one. I will leave 2011 as it should be left, a wonderful memory. When I return from vacation, I’m sure their will be a story to tell.
Happy Holidays and Peace, Goodwill, Happiness and a good wine to you all.